Thursday, 16 April 2015

Just my Cup of Tea


Hello everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather here in the Southern part of the UK....sorry to my Northern cousins as I know its not been that nice up there :/

I thought I'd make something useful for a change and as I am a tea fiend I thought about a tea caddy for my beloved teabags. I must add that this caddy contains just MY teabags....my OH just has his in a normal tea holder jar thingy....just the way things worked out....honest....

Before I start, I must give credit where it's due and I first thought of the idea after looking at this  website and this is where I got my measurements from so a good idea to use that as your template.

One more thing, thick card is definitely better for this but I only had mount board that was big enough at the time which is a bit on the thick side for it,very sturdy but a real pain to score.



So, here the mount board is already scored and ready to go


Here it is all assembled and stuck together with Scor-Tape,I painted it a rather groovy gold colour....not a colour I use much but after Thats Crafty! gold and silver challenge I grew to love my gold paint ;)


Here's my master board created on thick card, cut into strips to be further chopped up and adhered to the tea caddy. A mixture of stamp here but mostly Dina Wakley ones.



Here are pictures of the finished caddy....a clock on the lid so you set the time for tea of course!










Of course a tea caddy needs a bit of attitude so what better then lime green paint and Stampotique stamps?!




Decoart paints and sprays, Copics, Dina Wakley paint, stamps are: Stampotique, Prima, Dina Wakley. Tim Holtz small talk sticker.


I am entering this in the following challenges:


Take it,Make it, Colour

The Mirror Crack'd, Make and use a Masterboard

Stamps and Stencils, Anything Goes



After all that hard work I'm off to make a cuppa now!


Hope you like it


Donna x

21 comments:

  1. Ha ha how territorial over your Tea?!! It's fab though what a great idea, love the fact it has a little Stamptique on it. Super duper make, enjoy the sun grrrrrrr.
    Love
    A chilly Northerner xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a fun way to enjoy your tea all the more! Great master board pieces. I love how they look. And yes, a bit of attitude is always appreciated at tea time. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barkabe is on my wishlist and am hoping to get him in a few weeks time, fell in love straight away!

    Fantastic box Donna and the decoration is as always superb. Have you seen any of the Bigz dies by Eileen Hull, am sure she does a box similar to this...http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/659877-sizzix-scoreboards-xl-die---canister-by-eileen-hull-41356-p.asp

    What a fantastic idea to make your own tea caddy, thanks for the link, yours is adorable! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic BOX.. oh wow.. I am thrilled about your fabulous project Donna!
    That's unique!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabulous tea caddy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super tea caddy and the surprise of your Stampotique Figures made me smile, so cool.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masterboard and love the way you've used it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Mirror Crack'd.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great make Donna and love you master board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design Donna - that master board is fabulous. Tea will taste even better now! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What am amazing tea caddy Donna! And I love that mostly Dina masterboard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...I love the idea of an Arty Tea Caddy...and yours is fabulous Donna...loving all the attitude!! Another awesome make!! Love it Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous idea Donna!! Love all the wonderful slashes and drips and drops! What a wonderfully fun and functional project! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun--and useful--project, Donna! I love repurposing or making things that are not only pieces of art, but useful ones, as well. The front images and colors are just the right tea companions for your afternoon "pick-me-up"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Donna, the perfect place to keep your special tea bags xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Project Donna was looking at something similar myself so might check this out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, guess I will have to make a tea bag caddy too, Donna,

    this is so very inspiring and genius. Thanks for sharing! And I love your masterboard you have used on it! Very artsy!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Mirror Crack'd!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous project Donna ! Love the master sheet you created. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great use for your masterboard Donna! I love the quirky lime green side of the caddy. The drips and stamps look so textural on the other sides. Thanks for joining in The Mirror Crack'd challenge. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to visit again...sorry I'm so far behind. Fabulous masterboard Donna, really like the colours, drips and use of black and of course the finished 'fab' caddy wouldn't quite be your style without a little Stampotique would it? Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils...hope to be back soon to catch up some more. Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful project! You did a great job, and thank you for joining us over at The Mirror Crack'd... xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fabulous if this piece - really fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us over at The Mirror Crack'd this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x