Sunday, 11 October 2015

Mixed Media World challenge - Anything goes on Wood




Hi everyone,

Time for another challenge over at Mixed Media World and the theme for this one has been chosen by my lovely teamie Mo and its: Anything Goes On Wood. 

I know what you're all thinking...I bet Donna picked that theme herself but I really didn't although I'd be lying to say I wasn't happy about it!

So we'd love to see anything as long as its been created on wood or features wood somewhere and of course it has to have a mixed media feel to it too ;)

Our very generous sponsors for this challenge are:



and they are offering a whopping £20 voucher to the winner to spend in their online shop...what are you waiting for, get creating!



For my DT piece I used this wood plaque I got from Hobbycraft at a £1..bargain! Its all sanded for you plus it's a great size to work with too. Just apply some Gesso and you're good to go.









I am entering this into the following challenges:


Country view Challenges, Add some Texture

House of Cards, Add Texture and/or Colour Inspiration ( I've used texture)














Take it, Make it, Take a Technique (ink, stitch, paint, collage, print, paper)



Decoart paints, Decoart Modelling paste, Gelatos, Dina Wakley stencil, Crafters Workshop stencil, Perfect pearls, FC Pitt pens, the wings are a Carabelle stamp which has been stamped on vellum in white Memento ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


Hope you like it
Donna x

21 comments:

  1. My favourist artist strikes again!! Fabulous original Donnalicious make!! Ha ha I think you paid Mo ;-)
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just FABULOUS Donna! Love the textures in this piece! AMAZING!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fabulous project Donna and just your sort of challenge !!
    Love the hair and the layout to it
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic Donna!
    Perhaps I should do something on hubby's head, hehe.
    Love those pictures where they have a colour palette to match.
    Big hugs, Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Amanda! I love those brick hearts and the pop of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Donna, so sorry, lol my brain had one of those slips after reading Amanda's comment. It was so bizarre, I was hitting the publish button and my brain was going 'but you're not on Amanda's blog'. Senior moment!! So sorry hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful, my Inky!! You are one gifted person! I love you style and all that you put into your creations. Another beautiful original, just like yourself. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your artwork! I agree with Ingrid Kristina, you're very talented.

    Thank you for your bid in Lynne's auction for my Chico's Cancer Fund. I truly do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love your wood work and portrait painting Donna! Fab work xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful piece, love the way you decorated this! Especially the beautiful lady with the silver dots in her hair! The hearts really combine well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you enjoyed my choice for this months challenge Donna. I chose the theme as i do think it's one of the most easy substrates to use. As always you have created a stunning project which has definitely brought a smile. Thank You!

    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love LOVE this Donna. Fab colour choices. She's brilliant - love her hair especially.... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesome project!

    Thank you for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great piece of art! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful it is! I simply love the face , the hair and the hearts. Thank you for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning creation! This is just amazing--gorgeous colors, images, and texture! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, love that flowing hair - wonderful woodwork!! Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your lovely, unique piece with us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh such a gorgeous Art Piece Donna. Love all that wonderful flowing hair - your talent is amazing and I am truly in awe. I am always inspired by your work.

    Hugs and smiles
    Laine K

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Donna, sorry I'm late but I'm still playing catch up from my holidays. This is amazing, I love the colours and the texture is just wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous project! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x