Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Taking a little break

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all okay out there.

I don't really share anything personal on this blog and that's primarily because I use it just to show off arty stuff. I've been so grateful for having this blog as I've met so many lovely friends through it and been on some amazing design teams and long may it continue.

The reason I'm taking a little break is that my beloved Mum passed away Sunday morning after battling years of ill health. This is on top of losing my wonderful Dad and much loved Mother-in Law less then 3 years ago. My brother, who now lives in Australia, is also battling a rare form of Lymphoma so as you can see, it's been a testing few years.

I just thought I'd stick this on my blog as some of you may be wondering why I'm not posting at the moment or leaving my usual comments on your blogs. I'll still be on my usual spot at Thats Crafty! as luckily I'd managed to get ahead on a few makes so thought it made sense to still show them.

I'll leave you with a tag I made a couple of weeks ago. I was inspired by these words used by a lovely DT teamie of mine, lets hope I do find an invincible Summer somewhere.
For those of you who still have both parents or a parent still with you, if you've not contacted them for a while, please do it, you really never know how long you'll have left to appreciate them.







Donna x

24 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss Donna, sending hugs and prayers! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss Donna.
    The tag is beautiful with the little girl reaching for the heart on the tree.
    Big hugs
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Donna. Like you, don't like saying too much publically but you know I can sympathise with what you have been and are about to do and feel, although of course it is different for everyone. Love and hugs sweetie. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna - my love and thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear your sad news Donna and my thoughts are with you. Take care
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news Donna and it seems like you're going through the mill at the moment so sending big hugs and sympathy your way as I had the same issues around 10 years back also losing my Mum and other relatives in 3 years.
    My thoughts are with you and yours too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Donna,I am so sorry to hear such sad news,Just know I am thinking of you and will be here when you come back.......lots of love and hugs.Doreen.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't add much but to say I'm so sorry for your loss Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts are with you Donna. Such sadness is hard to bear. Sending hugs for you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Donna. Much love to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart goes out to you Donna! Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry you have been faced with such daunting challenges and losses, Donna! I will keep you and your family in my prayers while you are "away." I hope your beautiful tag will inspire you each day to dig deep for the strength you will need! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear this Donna, I will be thinking of you. Sending love and hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful tag Donna. So sorry to hear about your Mom, you are in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear your news Donna, I lost both my parents last year so really feel for you...
    Love your tag with the beautiful words,... take care - wishing you brighter days soon...
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just catching up... so sorry Donna, this must be a very difficult time for you. Sending hugs and love and look forward to you joining us again in blogland when ready. A beautifully worded tag btw....Hugs Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry Donna- I know how hard this must be for you!
    I am thinking of you!
    A wonderful tag!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh poppet, big big hugs for you, if you want to natter, you know where I am

    Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh. So sorry to hear. Just wanted to stop by to say how much I love your card at Mixed Media World. That red heart makes me so happy. Maybe you too?!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh. So sorry to hear. Just wanted to stop by to say how much I love your card at Mixed Media World. That red heart makes me so happy. Maybe you too?!?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so sorry that I missed this post. First of all: I am sorry for your loss, you have had much to deal with the last years and I wish you much strength, Donna.
    The tag you showed is a wonderful, beautiful background and stamping. The small red heart is a beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please accept my apologies for not leaving a comment earlier Donna.

    You are having such a tough time with all that is going on, everyone understands what is important.

    Totally agree about our precious time with our loved ones, each moment is a memory and should be cherished.

    Sending lots of love and hugs.
    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Donna, I'm so sorry to hear all your news, such a hard time for you to cope with. Thinking of you and sending a big hug.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x