Sunday, 11 January 2015

Countryview Challenges Guest DT feature - Use Something New To You



Hello everyone,


Today I am honoured to say that I am appearing over at Countryview Challenges as a guest DT. When I was kindly invited I jumped at the chance....then worried about it 5 minutes later!

The theme is: 'Use Something New To You' which was perfect timing as I'd just received a rather beautiful set of Luminarte Silks. These are super concentrated so a lot goes a very long way and the shimmer is unbelievable.....another crafting addiction......





I have long admired some of the art dolls I have seen on my travels in blogland so I thought why not give that a try? Warning...they are VERY addictive once you start making them! I now have a few around the house!

I've taken a couple of pictures throughout the process for you.



legs drawn with black posca pen
coloured in and luminarte red silk applied
face drawn with micron pen....5th attempt!
now coloured in using FC polychromos pencils
finished art doll with delicate wings
another view of art doll
I added some stickles for extra wizard of Oz effect ;)
close up of art doll face
look at the rich red of the luminarte silk painted heart



The heart is just a cardboard die cut covered in grungepaste for texture then the paint was applied. All the pieces of the art doll were adhered to cardboard too for extra strength and a loop of rusty tin wire was added for hanging.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out....there shall be many more no doubt. Any questions,ask away but its all pretty straight forward.

Thank you once again to the wonderful ladies at Countryview ;))

Hope you like it

Donna x


15 comments:

  1. Good morning, Inky! What a wonderful piece of art! She's gorgeous! Love her acetate wings, great idea. The colour on the heart is so vibrant and rich! The paints look like heaps of fun for sure! Great job, dear Inky, and congratulations on your GD spot! Hugs,
    Inka ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is fabulous I love Art dolls and she now tops my list! Great GDT piece Donna.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your art doll,so beautifully made and her stripey tights and shoes are fabulous.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is sooo beautiful... you are a dollmaker for sure..you should really make more if them!
    Happy Sunday ... congrats to be a guest designer -- how exciting this is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this gorgeous Doll,a wonderful example.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your guest designer spot Donna! They are lucky to have you grace their blog with your talent and cheeriness! Love your project and your new silk paints look amazing! The transparent wings are fabulous and that heart is spectacular, wow!! Wonderful piece of art my friend! hugs until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Congrats on the guest design spot.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly Congratulations!....next I love your Art doll, she is just fabulous Donna, great face and lastly I'm glad some one else likes silks...they are just gorgeous, I'm addicted! Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a darling art doll What fun to have her and her friends here and there about the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Donna.
    Thank you for providing CVC with this wonderful piece of Art for everyone to be inspired by and that includes me specifically. I also have seen these little ladies strutting their stuff around the place and I have been tempted and like you I have this handicap of not thinking I can draw.....you can so draw! So I am thinking if it took you 5 attempts to draw the face, it might take me 10 but I possibly could generate some resemblance to a face. I look at your creation and it warms my heart and I really want to make one myself now. Thank you for providing such inspiration to me.
    Smiles:)
    Sue (Dt)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can imagine your wanting to try the art dolls, this is a very lovely one! Adore her outfit too! Congrats on your guest DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huge Congratulations on your GD spot Donna!!!

    Your ArT Doll is awesome, a sweet face and fantastic colouring.

    Not tried an ArT Doll yet...

    Big Hugz
    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on snagging the Guest Designer spot on Countryview Challenges, Donna! You should not have spent even one second worrying about this. You are an artist in every sense of the word! Love your sweet doll today! I recently got some Silks, but have been afraid to use them because I didn't know how. Now I do! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on Your GD spot, well deserved. Your art doll looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out adorable! Congrats on being chosen as a GD on CC, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x