Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Leafy Loveliness

Hello everyone,

I have a drawing for you today with a leafy, Autumnal feel to it. To be fair, here down in the south of the UK the weather is lovely, really sunny which is highly surprising!!

I'm trying to draw my faces in a variety of styles but all of you out there who draw, you know what a struggle it can be to deviate from your 'style'. Many a time I think I've done something different then a nagging thought persists that it looks familiar and yes there's one just like it done months ago....very annoying!





Close up of Decoart Liquid Glass on the leaves.



I am entering this into the following challenges:


That Craft Place, Mixed Media Anything Goes


Inspirational, Picture Inspiration ( I've used the colours and leaves)










Daler Rowney Media Paper, FC Polychromos pencils, Distress Inks for the background effect, the leaves are an Inkadinkadoo stamp stamped on a Gelli print using Decoart paints, Decoart Liquid Glass for the beads on the leaves, Tim Holtz sentiment.


Hope you like it
Donna x

11 comments:

  1. Love those gorgeous glossy leaves, and she wears it well! I think she's fabulous, and if it's your style, then it's your style - and what style!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wonderful - a beautiful face and those extraordinary leaves make it so special! Love it!
    Thank you very much for being with us at TIOT'S this time !
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style, if it ain't broken don't fix it!! Why would you want to change something that you do so brilliantly. How fabulous to have an artistic signature. I look in awe at your talent to draw.
    Biggest in awe hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed by your drawing skills and there is nothing wrong with working in your comfort zone. In my opinion comfort zone means a style that suits you best. And this looks great And i am fan; I can't even draw a decent table myself :)
    XX
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those eyes are stunning and that is the biggest battle with faces, or at least I find. This is a beautiful picture, can't wait to see more of your drawings xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous Donna...Oooh such talent.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we ware a bit critical about our own work. I think you did great, and are getting better and better on drawing faces. The hair is bautiful too, it's seems to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful face. I don't know what your normal style is but she is stunning. Love the autumn flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful drawing, love the serene look on her face and if that's your style - don't change. Love the effect you've achieved on the leaves.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's beautiful, love the colours you have chosen. And you leave your style alone became it fabulous hugs Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous and perfect for our challenge at Inkspirational! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x