Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Go where the Wild Flowers are


Hello everyone,


Hope you are all okay out there.


I have a painting on an MDF plaque for you today.....I know, where's the wood?! This was kindly donated to me by my lovely bloggy friend Amanda so of course it would have been rude not to make something with it of course.





   This is the 'before' picture but this is the reverse side as I'd already started on it before I remembered but you get the idea!
   Background made with all Decoart products, paint was brayered on. A splash of a  Media Mister in White was added after.
Finished plaque with the addition of a Tim Holtz butterfly stamp. All flowers painted with Decoart Media Fluid Acrylic Paints.
close up of detailing
more close up of detailing




I am entering this into the following challenges:






Mixed Media Monthly, A Year of Choices....I've picked May Flowers (2nd entry)

Country view Challenges, Shabby Chic

Butterfly Challenge, Butterflies + F is for flowers

Love to Create, Anything Mixed Media/ Creative



All Decoart Paints, Decoart Media Mister, Black Micron and White Signo pens for the detailing. Tim Holtz butterfly stamp from the Tiny Things stamp set. A piece of thick twine added for a hanging and all done.


Hope you like it
Donna x

17 comments:

  1. This is fabulous.. I like the colors and your beautiful flowers ... wonderful summer -piece ! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I'd better get crackin' on being creative with the remaining tags you gifted to me. I don't want to be rude. This plaque is adorable with your sweet painted flowers on your wonderfully created background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!! Those flowers are really somsthing, great background for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful plaque! I love the vibrant flowers you created using Decoart Media paints. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is amazing, I love it - the colours the texture, the layout just everything about it.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful plaque Donna, always love your colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so stunning Donna! I am just hypnotized by all the gorgeous summery colours and those brilliant flowers! Incredible piece of art! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! The flowers really pop off your background Donna, even though it is quite colourful itself it is a beautiful contrast with them.
    Big Hugs, Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous painting, love everything about this one a stunner. I need to send you more stuff!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is amazing. I loved the picture of just the plaque and when I scrolled further down your flowers and butterflies just took my breath away .Thankyou for fluttering by my #33 butterfly challenge. Hugs Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Donna,love your flowers and beautiful colurs.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have to second Mrs A's comment, your flowers are great especially the poppy. Thanks for playing with us at Butterfly Challenge #33. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful, Donna! Your flowers are special. A great piece of home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those dandelions are just GORGEOUS!! I love how light and feathery you got them... great work hun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, just love what you've created here...The combination of flowers are perfect..fabulous!! Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo i love it, especially when i see all the great details! what a fun project. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I'm always a sucker for wild flowers - this is a wonderful panel, Donna!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x