Monday, 8 September 2014

Bonjour....waffling and photos...grab your cuppa!

Hi everyone,


Hope you are all okay and a big hello to new followers and an extra big hug to those who asked where I was. I have not had a chance to catch up on all your blogs,so please leave me a comment/email if you have had something happen that's important to you while I have been away,so I can come over and see :)


Just come back from a week in the Dordogne region of France,gorgeous weather all week.....too much consumption of pistachio ice cream though! One thing I have noticed,well particularly in the regions I usually go,there is not much in the way of art supplies at all. I was wondering then if this crafting with mixed media is really popular in America,Canada and Northern Europe only? Just a thought,probably completely wrong......as usual!


The good thing about going away is you can only take limited art supplies. Which in turn 'forced' me to start my stamp carving again,use my inktense pencils and draw freehand again. I am sorting that all out today so hopefully can bore you all with the photos later of my handiwork.....see,I knew you would all be glad I am back!!


A random selection of photos below for you....there would have been more but SOMEONE forgot to take the camera out on the last day of the holiday and missed a lot of great photo opportunities....the same SOMEONE who accelerated away from the toll booth while I was sipping a hot chocolate......resulting in bring completely covered in it........we are still talking.....just.......I am trying to get a couple of Stampotique stamps from SOMEONE as payback for all the trauma suffered....worth a try huh?!?
















and finally a couple of little things bought by moi......


Tin sign

butterfly box



Its good to be back in blogland :)

Donna x



14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic trip Donna! I for one, am so glad you're back! Big crafty hugs to welcome you home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Artist No1!! :)
    Welcome back to the not-so-sunny UK! ;) I missed you! What a lovely photos you took. I'm sure the said SOMEONE regrets his actions and because he loves you very much he will do his best to make you happy again with a prompt supply of some little weirdos ;) hehe...
    I love the tin sign and the butterfly box too! How cool!
    I can't wait to see what you got to create! I had so little time I made one art journal page spread and started something little that I will need to finish...
    Great to have you back!
    Big hugs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Donna,so good to see you....so to speak.

    Fabulous pics.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weclome back, hope you and Someone had a lovely time
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rooting for your to get your Stampotique characters as payback, i am sure we will see them very soon!

    Great pictures of your holiday, sounds like you had a fab time apart from the hot chocolate incident lol.

    Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with your crafty purchases :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcone back Donna! Beautiful Impressions! Thank you for sharing!
    I have done your swap piece... I hoe so much it will be after your taste- but I am sorry , my downsyndromed brither stays here for one week more and I will not manage to come to the post office before next week ... so I hope you will understand....

    big hugs!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Donna -wondered where you'd gone! The pics look great, you must have had a great time there.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos look fabulous Donna and hope you had a fabulous time. I agree with the stamps as payback trade(lol)
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will repeat what I said to Ingrid... it's about time you came HOME... LOL.. missed you and your INKY AND QUIRKY art... hope you had fun and enjoyed every minute of it... your photos are super... love the door with the ivy/plants all over it... I will have to do something with this as a reminder for me about ivy... the story will be told at that time.. funny... love all your pictures and wish I could have seen some of this myself... thanks so much for sharing...

    Things in blog land have been going along... a few more wins, a few more projects that I love, and so much eye candy on some blogs that it blows my wee little mind to pieces.. LOL.. love it all Donna... Welcome home and when you get settled etc... give a shout out... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Seems you've had great days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful time Donna...wonderful photo's... Love the ones of the Blue doors!! :) I've also been MIA in blogland...But glad to see you are back in action now ;) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely deserve something from your SOMEONE! I agree.
    The pictures are beautiful! And have fun with the sign and box, great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful impressions from the Dordogne, Donna! And your finds look lovely! Seems you had a wonderful time over there - and that's what I do too when having no access to the usual mixed media stuff - draw by hand or focus on techniques I have long forgotten ;)

    Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Donna, those photos are fantastic what a beautiful place, luscious gardens, love the blue doors, your tin sign and butterfly box were wonderful fines. Oh and one can never leave home with out the camera, I missed a fox hunt, probably the last year for them, I was crushed LOL, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful vacation in that gorgeous place, can't wait to see the handiwork. Canada does have some mixed media, we even have one art shop, but no workshops, or craft shows, you have to go to the large city's, Toronto, Vancouver Montreal, lots happening there. Hope you have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x