Saturday, 23 August 2014

Rolling In The Deep

Hi everyone,


Thanks to all who left some really great advice re watercolour paper and journal pens. I have read all of it and will act upon the info! Its always good to get advice from the experts :)

Today I am entering a new challenge for me (thanks Ingrid for the heads up) and what a brilliant one it is. You have to create a little something based around the emotions and feelings from Adele's gorgeous song,Rolling in the Deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYEDA3JcQqw


This song to me has conjured up sadness really at what could have been but also the strength to carry on after everything seems so bleak. Hence the reason for the cracked heart linked by a rusty wire to the girls heart,its hanging by a thread. The wordings all speak for themselves. I can't believe how the timing of this challenge coincided with my fab new Dylusions stamps arriving,I knew I had just the right stamp for it! I decided to stamp her in vellum so you can still see some of the background through her and I liked the idea of her being quite wraith like while all around her the world is still alive with colour.









This is being entered in the following challenges:

Mixed Media Place,Summer Music.Vol 2 Adele challenge here.

Pan Pastel UK,Bold and Bright here



Pop along and have a look at both blogs,they have the most amazing DT makes on there.


Greyboard,Brusho paints (yes they are that intense),vellum,rusty wire,white posca pen,crackle paste tinted with ONE little speck of rose red Brusho. The stamps are all Dylusions apart from the sentiment which is Donna Downey.

Hope you like it

Donna x







19 comments:

  1. This is just AWESOME Donna! fantastic piece!
    Happy weeend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - my - Goodness!!! Donna! This is definitely and without a doubt my favourite piece of yours!!! I love the effect of the brusho and the stamps look fantastic on this. Oh I'm in love with this! Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you join in the current challenge. You know me, I have something more textured up my sleeve, as always :) I do hope you win though, it would be totally deserved! Quadruple hugs :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is awesome! I love this song! Yes, sad how she was treated, but the song speaks of her strength more to me. You've a wonderful interpretation! Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love this fab colours and texture.
    Thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo much to look at, all those fabby details and splashes of intense colour, really, really like this piece Donna, lovely stuff! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh Donna - this is fabulous - not only in the story and concept but visually too! Colours, textures and great composition. A really stunning mixed media piece. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, just marvellous! Stamping on vellum was a genius idea and your rose looks like a red melted marshmallow...how did you do that (seriously...how)! I didn't listen to the whole song, but enough so I could understand the fantastic take your project is on the lyrics and feel of it. Another work of art from our talented crafty friend Donna!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippieh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, amazing way you used the new Dyan stamps, been contemplating which set to get, think i will get the set with all four heads on.

    Fantastic page, the emotion from the song has spoken to you so beautifully :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what an amazing piece of artwork - love the way you have stamped on Vellum - have written that in my book of inspiration !!! Love the Dylusion stamp and that heart is just fabulous

    Have a lovely Sunday Hilda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the FREEDOM it shows and the love of color... just FANTASTIC in so many ways Donna... love it... Just wonderfully GREAT!!! Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant page Donna. I have bought some of these stamps (well all of them lol) not played yet.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your "little something", Donna!

    So much thought went into it! It's wonderful!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Donna. Wonderful choice of stamps and you can feel the emotion flowing through this xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I love everything about your journal page!!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. So interesting, intriguing, inspiring and ingenious! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and very inspiring page. Thank you for joining the MixedMediaPlace challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x