Monday, 17 November 2014

Christmas Birdy


Hello everyone,


Thank you to all the kind souls out there who have so far put their name down for my card here. My arty director will select the winner this Friday so I can post it at the weekend :)


A tag for you today. The Craft Stamper magazine has a challenge to use non Christmas stamps in a 'Christmas' way. I don't have many Christmas stamps at all so this was a perfect challenge!
Perfect for this is Dina Wakley scribbly birds so I stamped one of them on a sheet of a Christmas themed paper pad I have and added the little red breast. The snowflakes are actually from a colour box stencil. This is a wonderful stencil with all different snowflakes on it so I chose one,traced it in pen,then cut it out on fun foam and mounted it on a little wooden block...instant stamp!

I'm sure you all know how to do this but I will do a little tutorial later in the week for any newbies out there....saves the worry of carving a stamp...much cheaper too and perfect for background stamping.







I am entering this into the following challenges:

Anything but a card,Anything Goes

Craft Stamper magazine,Use a non Christmas stamp

We Do Doobadoo,Christmas




Dylusions sprays,memento ink, colourbox snowflakes stencil,stickles,the papers are from Dovecraft and the stamp is Dina Wakley


Hope you like it

Donna x

19 comments:

  1. In my opinion this could be a winner, I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you clever girl you! Making the foam stamp from a stencil. I'm having a new look at some of my stencils. My bird stencil especially! Thank you for the great inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tag ROCKS Donna... lovely ideas on this one.... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use my die cutting machine to make foam stamps from the dies i own, not so good at drawing! Loving your Tag and your foam stamp snowflake is awesome Donna :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a winner!! Fabulous use of scribbly bird.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna, I am delighted to have found your blog. Your work is wonderful! I so enjoy finding young artists and seeing their work, it is always so fresh with new techniques and ideas. I am your newest follower and I would love to invite you over to follow me back. Have a great day and keep making your incredible paper crafts. You're a very talented girl.
    Your new blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever girl! Stencil to foam to stamp! LOVE IT! What a great tag with that amazing background and sweet little bird! Great make my dear friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this tag! The birdie is adorable.. the background is just amazing, as always... I still have no idea how you made it so can't wait to see a tutorial on this! Gorgeous work, my dear friend! Good luck with the challenges too! It's a winner to me!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea and so well put together! Just love that bird and you have really made him look amazing this time! Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so tweet. Love your red robin and the purple snowflakes, a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scribbly bird is so cute, and those purple snowflakes are so glamorous! Sorry to have missed so much, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of visiting.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable tag! I love the bird with the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at the Take It, Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great christmas tag with the robin made from scribble bird! Thank you for joining us at craft stamper make it take it blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute and festive tag. Love what you have done with the Dina Wakely stamps and the background looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the combination of colours on this one Donna, it would brighten anyones day! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tag! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag, thanking for joining in the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful tag, love that birdie ...Thank you for joining us for the Take it Make it Challenge over at Craft Stamper, good luck. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tag and very interesting choice of colours.I love that cute bird.Thanks for playing along with us at Anything but a card challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x