Thursday, 20 November 2014

Speed Craft Challenge No.7 - Anything Goes





Hello everyone,


Yes it's that time again folks....another Speed Craft Challenge for you all....and guess what naughty person left it to nearly the last minute to do theirs and then it was horribly dark to take the pictures.....so I deleted the ones I took last night and now you have some nice sunny pictures to look at :)


The theme is Anything Goes chosen by our lovely Keren. Please pop over here and see what my lovely teamies have created just for your inspiration. We also have a lovely new sponsor for this challenge:



so check it out! Lots of beautiful vintage images to feast your eyes upon.

Looks like its going to be a lovely mixed selection as always from my teamies.....a bit like a big box of chocolates....without the horrid coffee creams of course :)



supplies ready,timer on 
all finished....and a tad over...bad Inky!
All finished and already being used
A close up of the crackled leaf



I decided to make another container for my ever growing collection of bits and pieces. I have 5 tins/pots already containing pens and brushes etc. Remember that before using any tin,after cleaning it of course,make sure you use sandpaper to take the sharpness off the rim otherwise you will cut your fingers every time you use it....which isn't much fun then is it?!

Oh I had some problems with this one! I used the double sided tape instead of the glue gun as I knew I'd just get in a mess using that,so that was fine. What caused me the trouble was the copper wire! It wouldn't bend properly to hold the metal tag in place and I hurt my fingers trying to bend the ends too! I had to stop the clock watch briefly to hunt for my rusty wire instead to do the job! I still used a bit of the copper wire at the top.....lucky you can't see around the back isn't it ha ha.

Ah yes,the leaf was one I had in my stash from a couple of weeks ago so I thought it would be ideal for this. It's the Tim Holtz tattered leaf die covered in Wendy Vecchi crackle paste and then dabbed with a host of distress stains.

Hope you like it

Donna x

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant make, Hun! I love burlap and this made me so happy! The leaf is gorgeous! Doesn't it feel good to use up those leftover crafty bits and bobs?! Love it!
    P.s.: poor fingers! I hope they heal fast! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the upcycling and the hessian/burlap cover, love covering tins i usually use Pringle cans for my base. Great colours and textures, what an amazing leaf it is stunning! Hope your fingers are better, can see the thickness of the wire and how difficult that would have been. A truly inspired under 15 minute make, love it :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great make! I love the impact the simplicity of your design for it has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous,love the leaf,fabuloulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tin Donna, love the leaf too! I love coffee creams. lol. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this, great upcycling and that leaf is stunning. I share your pain this week lol.
    Curtains anyone?
    Love Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic container... wonderful autumn inspired quick project today! Fab Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything DecoArt is great but their Media line is amazing, the misters are gorgeous and a definite need for me but would try one to see if they are your thing. One of the things i like about DecoArt products is how little you need to use. The new Media Crackle Paste and Paint is awesome and so easy to use. Hope you find them to your taste :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, love the rustic feeling the burlap and beautiful leaf gives me! You've done e great job here! Hope the tin wil last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great make Donna! I love burlap, and this was a great idea on how to use it! Love that leaf, what amazing colours and texture! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Donna, your leaf is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eekkss this is PEREFECT, a recycled can, that is the best, loooooove how you covered it in burlap and those, that leaf is gorgeoussss, and I like the rusty wire the best, brilliant girl, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's clever Donna, I like the design as it unusual which is really appealing. You clever thing and in such a good time

    Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The leaf is just gorgeous and shown off perfectly with the hessian container, a lovely make, admire all the speed crafters because I just can't do quick...in crafting anyhow. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x