Thursday, 27 November 2014

Tim Holtz November 2014 Tag



Hello everyone,


Firstly and most importantly,Happy Thanksgiving to my favourite American crafters out there :)


I've shamefully missed a couple of Tim's monthly tags for some reason but as soon as I saw the leaf one I knew I just had to make one as it looked so fab. I don't have the big leaf die but I do have the tattered leaves one so I chose a leaf off that as my main focal point.

I die cut a tag from cardboard and stripped back some of the covering. I then die cut the tattered leaf from the cardboard. Next up was a tag covered in distress stains and then had distress ink dabbed through the speckles stencil and some gold flakes applied. The tag was then glued behind the cardboard tag and I applied glossy accents...left to dry...put in the freezer for a while....took out and then cracked.....very satisfying! Distress inks and Dylusions sprays were applied to the cardboard outer tag. Drew some veining in on the leaf and then applied the various bits and pieces.

I loved the idea of a Fall/Autumn tag so thought the image and the little chit chat stickers were perfect for this.











I am entering this in the following challenges:


Tim Holtz,November 2014 Tag

Simon Stamp Weds,Anything Goes

Thats Crafty,Anything Vintage




Distress stains,inks and markers,TH speckles stencil,dylusions sprays,glossy accents (put in freezer and then cracked),gold flakes,TH Occasions image and various other TH bits and pieces.

Can't wait to see what the December tag is,bet that's a stunner

Hope you like it

Donna x

14 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Donna... so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely colour combinations and shapes on your Tag Donna, it is very satisfying to get the crackle from the freezer isn't it! Especially loving your leaf, it is gorgeous:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Donna! This is a fabulous tag! I love the color and the torn cardboard. The leaf is just gorgeous. Adding the children cut out is a perfect compliment to your background. Love his!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag,fab texture and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tag Donna some scrummy attention to detail. Great cracking.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag! Gorgeous details and the crackled leaf is sooo cool! What a great idea and it really looks amazingly. Great effects throughout. What a treat tonight! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great version Donna, that leaf looks amazing with its colours and textures. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning version of Tim's tag! Just playing catch up, my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag Donna! I love the vintage children too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag, love the chaps along the bottom.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know Novembers gone but this is a gorgeous, vintage tag and take on Tims! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x