Sunday, 15 June 2014

Little hearts

Hi everyone,


A big hello to new followers and a special hello to the lovely Emma. I think I might review all my blogs I follow at sometime, they are all inspirational but some of you out there....wow,I don't know where you get the ideas from! I do think sometimes I get even more enjoyment from looking at everyone's blogs then creating any artwork!! I have attended no classes whatsoever,not even taken TH creative chemistry courses so everything I do has been inspired by others via blogs,pinterest or YouTube,so a heartfelt thanks from me for all you kind and generous people out there who share all your creative processes.


Right,today is a piece on greyboard using some new stamps I got through the door this week. As I mentioned on previous posts,this is the danger of looking at blogs....you see things you never knew existed! My new stamps are from Art Journey in Holland and Clearly Besotted in the UK. I love them all and may I just say the service received from both companies was fantastic.....I will be back!!





I am entering this in Clearly Besotted,Anything Goes challenge here

Fresco paints,frantage,the hearts are Clearly Besotted stamps and umbrella girl and sentiment are Art Journeys.

Hope you like it

Donna.x

18 comments:

  1. I too am self-taught, no classes. Just awesome inspiration from a lot of very creative people. I cannot jump on bandwagons, I have to go my own way. Lots of times my inspiration comes from the way the mess lies on my work table.

    Your new stamps are adorable. And such a clever use of them. Love the color tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie,hopefully I have replied to you by email by now!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  2. Really nice - I love the greys mixed with the warm blush of those rosy pinks. Fab central image too! I started out the same way, as well as devouring Tim's videos on his website...and I've also really enjoyed the (three) classes I've now taken... But yes, there's an endless amount of inspiration out there in Craftyblogland - it's a constant source of amazement to me!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, a compliment from you always makes me happy : )

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  3. LOVE how you put the spotlight on this gorgeous umbrella girl, Donna! A fab background and thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia,wow,thank you so much for the lovely compliment and joining my blog. I am truly happy about that as you are my steampunk inspiration!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  4. This is fabulous, love the umbrella girl....I have never had a lesson either.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen, thinking about it,I remember my art lessons at school and they were no help because of some art teachers imposing their styles on me when we all have our own style.

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  5. I love this umbrella girl. A gorgeous piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia,yes I think it was you that brought my attention to the art journey stamps!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  6. This looks fabulous Donna and I have to say, I totally love the stamps you used!! You have used that umbrella girl so well, it makes for a brilliant piece off set against those hearts, - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid,wow such a lovely compliment,thank you so much,means such a lot coming from someone who creates such gorgeous stuff all the time : )

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  7. Another great piece Donna, I always look forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma,that's really lovely of you,hope you are okay,I am looking forward to your postings now : )

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  8. Fabulous composition, and love the colours used, delightful. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth,it's the Ellen Vargo technique with a credit card,keeps the colours nicely separated!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous and vintage design - LOVE it! Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge, Donna x :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, those gorgeous little heart stamps are wonderful,so glad you make them : )
      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x