Saturday, 14 June 2014

You need wings

Hi everyone,


Today I have a winged thing for you.I do seem to like adding wings to things,can't explain why just that I like it!This is done on greyboard and I am entering it in Fussy and Fancy Friday,Things with Wings challenge here





This took me ages,trying to get all the background stamping muted nicely! For some reason it's come out bluer then it really is as there's purple in there,I can't retake the picture today as it's a really dull and dreary day now but just to let you know that's it not just a shade of blue only!

Fresco paints,dylusions stencil,distress paint,crackle paint,the stamps are; cart us,kanban and flonzcraft,promarkers.

The sentiment is from Darcys blog here. They are great,so you will be seeing them a lot on my work now. It's so kind of her to do it as we all need a little wackiness don't we?!

Hope you like it

Donna.x

18 comments:

  1. Lovely background, and your winged lady makes a great focal image.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison,love this Gibson girl image!

      Hugs Donna.x

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! Beautiful background and lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the background.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen,think I am getting better with the backgrounds eventually!

      Hugs

      Donna x

      Delete
  4. I see wings as an expression of a happy heart. Especially if they are attached to something that normally does not have wings in the real world. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie,what a lovely thought,I shall bear that in mind.

      Hugs

      Donna x

      Delete
  5. What a pretty creation! I love adding wings to things too! I always seem them as a symbol of how we can fly on the wings of creativity and you always do! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie Ann,another lovely thought! Might include that as a sentiment in some future work : )

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  6. How cool, that's a fantastic piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia,wasn't sure about it at first but I think I like it a little bit more now!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  7. I love this! The background is amazing! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid,still not sure how it turned out so blue though!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  8. Just catching up with blog posts, lovely background again Donna, very pretty central image and love the use of white dots, it's amazing the effect it creates. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth,yes love white dots...have to have a very steady hand though and a posca pen! Hope you are okay
      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  9. Wow this is fantastic! Love the background! Thanks for joining in The Fussy and Fancy challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vannessa,glad you like it
      Donna x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x