Saturday, 21 June 2014

Shimmer and shine

Hi everyone,


Just taking a break from stripping the kitchen wallpaper.....on a very warm day.....with neck ache......great......it's amazing how much bigger a room is then you think when you come to start decorating it!

Sorry,another question today! Has anyone got a Gelli plate, I just wanted to know if anyone has and if they use fresco or distress paints on it or do they dry too quick? I am now hooked on the wonderful Barbara Grays blog and all the gorgeous Gelli plate stuff on there....I have said many times,do not look at other peoples blogs....ITS DANGEROUS!!

Anyway,I have managed to make a little something on greyboard again,I am entering this in Vintage Journey,Wings and Things challenge here.








I took this at 2 different angles so you can hopefully see the shimmer on it.

Fresco,distress and decoart metallic paints,ranger embossing powders,Ellen Vargo stamp,Dutch doobadoo stencil,metal tape,treasure gold waxes,cosmic shimmer sprays.

Hope you like it

Donna x

10 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet piece! I LOVE the words you chose. I'm glad I saw them today because Today Is Mine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, ha ha you do make me laugh!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  2. Love all the details,so much to look at.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen,yes it took ages to do as well!
      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  3. Really like the entire thing but especially how you got so much detail in your background. Great Job!! Thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sandy,glad you like it
      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  4. So fantastic, love every details. Stripping the kitchen wall paper... not one of my favorite doings :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia,no it's really boring!

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  5. This is wonderful and I don't know how I managed to miss it up until now...
    Love how you did the background and that bird looks fabulous! Hope you got your wallpaper stripping done by now and as to your question... I don't have a gelli plate and don't know about the fresco paints but I am almost certain the Distress Paints would work as they dry quite slowly. They are runny though, so the effect no doubt will be different from thicker acrylic paints.
    Anyway, thanks so much for adding this to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Astrid,I have some distress paints so will try them. So glad you like the artwork too :)
      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x