Friday, 28 November 2014
A Little bit of Edgar Allan Poe
Hello everyone,
Yay for Friday,hope you are all okay out there and not fighting over bargains on Black Friday! I know a certain lovely lady is currently busy buying up ALL the crafty bargains...her first name begins with an A....that's all I'm saying :)
This weeks challenge over on the Stampotique blog is use a quote from Edgar Allan Poe....there's quite a few to choose! I narrowed it down to 2,the quote I used and one about art. I was going to do a tag based on the art one but for reason I started doing a heart shape and then remembered,got confused and went with the other quote instead.....I am so all over the place when I craft :/
I rather think 'Lovelyarethesound' looks rather dashing in his Edgar Allan Poe makeover?!
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Stampotique Designers,In the words of Edgar Allan Poe,SDC175
Simon Stamp Weds,Anything Goes
Quoth the Raven ,Anything Poes
Fresco paints,pro markers,the background stamp is from Art Journey and of course the main handsome chap is Stampotique.
Have a lovely weekend everyone
Donna x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Got to love this Donna - made me laugh. Great quote and really fab layout. I am avoiding all sales as I will only buy stuff I didn't really want! Nxxx (Well it is only 1.33pm - there is still time....)
ReplyDeleteWhat a GREAT design with a thought-provoking sentiment from Edgar Allen Poe!! Very artsy and original! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!
ReplyDeleteDonna you need to give more clues as I cannot begin to think who it is you are talking about??? However I just loveeeeeeeeee this tag.
ReplyDeleteLove
Amanda lol x
Love your fabulous tag.xxx
ReplyDeleteLove your Tag Donna and the quote is excellent xx
ReplyDeleteAnother brilliant tag from you Donna.
ReplyDeleteJulie x
Great work, love your tag! The heart with the keyhole (?) is such a bautiful eyecather and I think the quote is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteFantastic Donna! What a perfect sentiment! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my blog while I was on holiday! I had a great time with my Mom, even though it ended way too soon! Hope you had a great week, big hugs my friend! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, what a fabulous tag! The colours and the drama, and that magnificent quote... brilliant!
ReplyDeleteAlison xx
You may have taken a circuitous route to get to the end of this project, Donna, but, however you got there, it is absolutely fantastic! Great pairing of your Stampotique image and the Poe quote! Background is full of color and interest! Great work! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!
ReplyDeleteI took advantage of Black Friday to replace my printer and to get 8 more Stampotique images from AFTH, first time i have taken part, the savings were worth it!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Tag Donna, the background is superb and i love the corrugated heart, LovelyAreTheSound is perfect. Love what you have made:-) xxx
Fab tag!!!
ReplyDeleteThe little moustache ... haha brilliant!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge :)
xx Arwen
Brilliant tag and I just love the makeover!! Very funny! Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.
ReplyDeleteHi, Donna! You might want to consider entering your Stampotique Poe entry in the QUOTH THE RAVEN site this month. They are also looking for DT members, if you are interested. Here's the site: http://poequoththeraven.blogspot.gr/2014/11/quoth-raven-quest-39-anything-poes-dt.html
ReplyDeleteHow cool! Love your tag and the wording is brilliant! How come I missed this?!! Love the heart!! Gorgeous tag xxx
ReplyDeletelove your piece. the sentiment is so true.
ReplyDeletehugs
susan s
Congrats on having your Poe creation chosen as a Design Team Favorite, Donna! Very deserving artwork!
ReplyDeleteExcellent - this is a brilliant piece and I love the senti :-) Thank you for coming over to play at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-D
ReplyDeleteIKE x
How cool is it ?! I love it.
ReplyDeleteRather like this Donna, dramatic! and a what a wonderful touching quote...not something I'd normally associate with Poe. Ruth x
ReplyDeleteHey, Donna! Congrats on nailing a "Top 3" honor at the Quote the Raven website! Way to go!
ReplyDelete