Thursday, 3 July 2014

Beachy July 2014 tag

Hi everyone,


Wow,a big hello to my new followers,I do get like an excited child when I see more people joining. It's so lovely for me to come and check out your blogs too.......just please don't post anything on your blogs that may tempt me to buy more supplies.....I am talking about you Silvia.....guess who went and ordered those Dina Wakley face stamps last night after looking at your latest tag.......I have no art supplies willpower!


Hmmm,anyway,today I have finally finished my version of Tim's rather scrummy July tag,I think that is one of my favourite ones he has done. This really tested me as I mentioned before,we don't have those dies and embossing folders in the UK yet so it took a bit of thinking! You will notice that all the pictures have been taken with the tag laying flat.....I didn't want to chance propping it up as I wasn't too sure more bits of the 'sand' wouldn't start falling off so thought best to keep it flat!!











 The seahorse was hand drawn by myself as I just don't have any seahorse type dies! Distress paints and inks,metal tape, Tim's embossing folders,crackle accents,pinecone leaves die cuts and a million and one other things!

I am entering this in Tim's July 2014 challenge here and That's Crafty,All at Sea challenge here

Hope you like it......going for a lie down now!


Donna x





18 comments:

  1. Oh Donna, you did a fabulous job with your Timmy tag!! All the details are amazing and your hand drawn sea horse is wonderful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sea horse is a stunner, fabulous crackle effect, love it....great composition, textures and colours Donna! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Donna your hand drawn n cut seahorse is a stunner, love the crackle effect on him. A super combination of elements on the lovely bubbly background, a great take on Tims tag. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Donna! Great tag! The seahorse is fabulous :) Take care! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Donna, this is such a brilliant take on Tim's tag! I totally love how you drew your own sea horse, so clever and it looks fantastic! Love all the shells etc you added too. The whole thing looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you need a lie down after this amazing art piece! It's a beauty! So many fabulous details. The seahorse is beyond impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I do think that you should change the name of your blog... you are NOT Artfully Challenged.. LOL.. Your work is outstanding and WONDRFULLY exciting... love it all.. love your seahorse and all the shells and love you have put into this piece... it is really nice... Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing tag Donna.. and why do you need new items since you ar such a talented drawer too... o.k. sometimes artists need new tools like girls need a new pair of shoes from time to time ...lol ----your seahorse is just wonderful!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you have doe here Done,fabulous details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a fabulous seahorse - I love that you did it yourself, and the whole tag works brilliantly! Enjoy the lie-down, you earned it with this!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWEE to your amazing improvisation on this one Donna and what a fabulous seahorse you drew, I love it, the paint treatment on it too! All the elements are fantastic and make up a really beautiful scene, the real seashells are the perfect finishing touch. Think I'm probably going to have to go down a completely different route with mine, will have to see what I can come up with. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous take on Tim's tag Donna. So impressed with your hand drawn seahorse.
    I feel like a cheat now as I printed off a picture and traced around it! Love your staging for your last photo too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sherry,thank you for your lovely comment. Well to be honest I gave it one go,if I couldn't draw it I was going to trace :)

      Hugs
      Donna x

      Delete
  13. Beautiful beautiful seahorse! I love your hand drawn design! The crackle is stunning! Great job!!!! It's even better because of your designing the seahorse! Love his size! Love the wood look on tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool, that's a fantastic piece, love the seaside theme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tag looks great on the barn board background Donna! Love the tickets stuck in the edges and the Coney Island piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this! Great job on your tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome! Love that you added real shells and starfish to it... wowzers! I am so late to the party - just got my tag done yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x