Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Stencil love

Hi everyone,


Thank you all for the lovely comments on my post yesterday,glad you all liked it,phew!

A big hello to a new follower as well,lovely to have you here :)

Right,today is a perfect challenge for me over at Country View challenges,Stencil It here

I absolutely adore stencils,I have quite a few now and most of my work seems to have a bit of stencilling in it somewhere. I don't have a favourite make as such as I love them all but some are more sturdy then others.







Greyboard, grunge paste,fresco paints,distress inks,treasure gold wax,2 crafters workshop stencils,die cuts from TH trellis die,sam poole stamp for the sentiment. The flowers were then sanded back to give the 'worn' effect.

Hope you like it

Donna x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! Another gorgeous piece! Good luck with the challenge! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it! It looks quite elegant in those rich colors. Nice depth you've created too. I love stencils too. We've come a long way with them over the past few years. I love the artsy turn they've taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - I love that - the worn look on the flowers, lovely colour combination - it's gorgeous.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the challenge at CVC would appeal to you somehow! I love that stencil and it looks great with your pretty colour combo. This piece looks very Art Nouveau and I love that sentiment. The world is so full of wondrous things, we all need to keep that all important sense of wonder! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great piece, fabulous colors. Will send you an emai tomorrow, today I'm at the "wrong" computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous,fab design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Donna! I try :) I'd love to see your artwork using my tie dye technique :) I'm glad you find it exciting. I hope that more crafters can join the fun! Take care, Lovely! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, love the shading on the ends of the petals, a beautiful creation this one Donna. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you have done with this stencil Donna, and I really like the colouring and the cut down trellis bases,great idea. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rich colours you used and the gold is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful project Donna, love the worn look of the thistles and your background is fabulous ! Would have loved to have seen how you built that up. Thanks for joining us at CVC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the worn look on the flowers, lovely piece of work....thanks for joining us at CVC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x