Monday, 7 July 2014

Make it yourself

Hi everyone,


A warm welcome once again for my new followers and the continuing lovely comments all you lovely crafty people leave me. Please feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions on anything I have done/used or if there is something you would like to see more of. I would love to make this blog more interactive and interesting for you all :)

Today is a big exciting day for the other half as the Tour De France is coming round our neck of the woods so he has gone off for hours waiting for that. I do like it but sitting around waiting for men in Lycra to pass by when you could be crafting or drinking tea at home.....hmmm.


Today,this offering on greyboard is for Simon stamp Monday, Start from Scratch challenge here






Fresco paints,crafters workshop stencil ( this one is brilliant by the way ), Tim's found relatives image,sentiment from Darcy's blog. The plaque at the top was cut,painted and clear embossed to look like enamel. Cog was die cut from metal tape on cardboard and some treasure gold wax applied. Paper from my paper stash cut into arrow shapes at the ends and a flower made from a cardboard flower in my stash with Tim's metal word disc.

I just had to highlight the little child at the end,take a look and see what you think. Wonder what became of them all?

Hope you like it

Donna x

14 comments:

  1. an amazing background and a lovely group .. and the sentiment makes me laughing out loud ...Happy Tour de France!
    Have a fabulous new week!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you live in FRANCE... just answered my question... LOL... I love this too... and use to love to do my scrapbooks... that is where I started on this journey into paper land... LOL.. Love all the details of this one... very nice... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Donna! Really love the background and how you've put everything together. That sentiment is funny and goes so well with the piece!

    Hope your hubby enjoyed seeing part of the race .... hmm, men in lycra, now there's a thought - lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous,love the background......We had a fab view yesterday of the Tour de France,hope hubby enjoys it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! I love your new artwork! All that texture and great colours! Brilliant! I'm writing this for the second time now as your page just closed on me using my ipod... don't you love when it happens?! :)
    My other half is coming back from France tomorrow too, only he didn't go watching men in lycra but to totally overdo it with French wine and food as it was our friend's 30th birthday :) It made me giggle..men in lycra vs crafting... hehe! :D Take care!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Donna, I love that fun background for this great group of kids pic! Lovin' the "old school" tone of colors you've used and the fun added details, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Donna! Great colours and composition, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful creation a great idea to scrap old school photos. Will keep it in my mind. I think the craftroom and a cup of tea is the better choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece of art, the vintage image sits beautifully against your backdrop. A beautifully embellished piece. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this project, Donna. That sentiment along the bottom is brilliant and the whole composition is superb. A very witty and creative 'make'. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an amazing job on this! I adore how you used that stencil in the background and love how it plays along with your other elements. You've done such clever layering and I adore the unique incorporation of the banners. The clip on the side is brilliant and I really like the sophisticated vintage vibe this piece has, yet it's still whimsically wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous textures and layers Donna, I love this piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the finish on the background texture and the composition is fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x