Thursday, 10 July 2014

Gingko birdy

Hi everyone,

A warm welcome for my new followers,lovely to have you here and I hope you all continue to see something you like.....or something that you think nah don't want to try that.....only joking.....sort of.....

Anyway,today's offering is done on greyboard and I am entering this for Just Us Girls challenge #248 Bird here

I was inspired to do this as the lovely Ruth and Silvia,who both create the most wonderful art,used gingko leaves in two of their gorgeous images. As I didn't have any gingko leaves ( I didn't even realise the trees grew in Europe ) I hunted for a stencil and eventually found one. The lovely Silvia has now kindly sent me some real gingko leaves so I am going to use them now as they are far superior to the stencil :)







Paperartsy and crafters workshop stencils,fresco paints,dina wakley stamps,frantage,posca pen.

Hope you like it

Donna x

13 comments:

  1. Of all her stamps, this bird is the cutest of all. He seems to lend his cuteness to all sorts of artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Donna.. in this red you even can think of poppy -ginko...
    yeah!

    Amazing!
    xxx
    Susi
    ( my favourite team is out -- I am sad!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious - bright and fresh, and the poppy-gingko is great (Susi's nailed it!). Sorry I've missed a bit... off for a browse and a catch-up.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love what you did! Nice job and thank so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely work! Love your work as I was looking through your blog...Thanks for playing along with us over at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Donna! That reminds me I have a tin of Gingko leaves gifted me by my Canadian friend, Dianne. They are absolutely lovely. I love that little birdie too! A lovely, bright and cheery work of art! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poppy-ginkgo, that's the word :) A fabulous fresh colored piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna! I'm finally back online! What a day! You've been keeping busy too! This is sooo gorgeous! All that colour and so beautifully arranged. Love, love... Hope you had fun today! Speak soon! Hugs, Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fresh colours, those gingko leaves are wonderful especially with the dots. Thank you for the mention Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little birdie Donna and the white posca detailing on him and the dots around the flowers really bring life to the picture. Love the blue embossed Frantage? on the corners too. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna, another wonderful project. Sorry not managed to comment on some of your recent ones, work very busy at the moment and been a little short of time! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this,those birds sre so versatile.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty card....love the bright splashes of color! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x