Thursday, 24 July 2014

Poppy time

Hi everyone,

Thanks to you all for the lovely comments yesterday on my stamp carving efforts. I made another 3 stamps last night,sadly I have now finished that block but have another one on order......stamp carving withdrawal symptoms today :(


I really hope I have encouraged some of you to try it,it's so easy yet so satisfying. I would never have dreamt of doing something like that months ago but as you get more confident with your art I suppose you experiment more.


Anyway,today I am entering Simon stamp Wednesday,emboss it challenge here







Greyboard,distress inks,fresco paints,distress markers,grunge paste mixed with black decoart paint for the embossed poppies (then sanded back for shading),paperartsy and art journey stamps,stampendous/that special touch/prima stencils.

Hope you like it

Donna x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love that background!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Donna, the embossed poppies look great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Donna, for that lovely comment on my blog! I looked around yours ofcourse, curious that I am, and love what I see, so I will join your blog as a follower too. Love your crafty stamps, by the way, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna! Fabulous background. The poppies are great an the additional poppy in the corner is brilliant! Just adorable!
    Thank you for your sweet comment. To answer your question.. I tried the transfer technique with a number of mediums, but only one type of sprays - Dylusions. As long as your sprays aren't permanent the moment they are applied then the technique should work. The best thing to do is experiment :) dylusions are very potent so you get nice vibrant colours on your transfers. I wrote a post about media comparison for these techniques so have a read hopefully it will make sense. Any questions - ask away! :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this wonderful soft pink toned background with it's depth and this poppies make it to something perfect !
    BEAUTIFUL Donna!
    I like to read that stampcarving is so much fun and satisfying to you... that's fab!
    This is the right way to create unique stunning things in the future - nobody else round will ever use the same stamp.. isn't this a wonderful feeling?!
    Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning,love the colours and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic tag, wonderful background and images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAU-TI-FUL! Lovely tag... and I LOVE the colors... pink being an all time favorite... and with the black and shades of grey... really strikingly beautiful... Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

    I am going to have to go check out your stamps... love to make them too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x