Friday, 9 May 2014

A little steampunkery

Hi everyone,


Friday at long last,I have had a few deliveries this week of stamps and other lovely crafty stuff so ready for a weekend of covering the WHITE kitchen table with colour that does not come off...even with bleach.....yes and I was told off by the other half......can't even blame the cat this time!!

So today here is a canvas for you,great fun making this one....and reattaching a few bits that fell off!




There are real little cog bits in the bottle too but then I added a little embossing powder and it covered it all up.....the joys of experimenting!

I am entering this one in SanDee and Amelie Heavy Metal challenge here

Grunge paste,fresco paints,fresco crackle,rust powder, glossy and crackle accents,tim holtz stamps,crafters workshop stencil and various tim holtz metal bits.

Hope you like it

Donna.x

12 comments:

  1. Great canvas Donna, I love the textured background and all the elements you have added to create this steampunk design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Canvas, Donna!

    I can see how much fun you had! The result is definitely brilliant! Love the colour of the background as it makes the rusty cogs pop out even more!
    Thank you for sharing your fab make with us at SASPC!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. see now this is what I call steampunk, not the crap I did lol, you have pulled it off as I cant I prefer to make sort of shabby chicy vintagey looking things, but I adore looking at all the mixed media and steampunk stuff that I cant manage x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's best to do what you feel comfortable with,we all have our own style,it's just a case of finding it. I love your bottle,I think we are always more critical of our own work anyway!

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great crackle effect on background with all the steampunk elements. Thank you for playing along at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges! Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks kerstin,your blog is really fun

    Donna.c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful canvas, the background and elements are very complentary.
    thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
    Coutureuse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment,it's really appreciated.

Donna.x